15. 06. 2017 by Caleb Gedemer
Ready for North American Internationals? Time is running out to get prepared, but Caleb Gedemer's got you covered if you're not, with a total of sixteen decks, what he does and doesn't like about them, and sixteen great deck lists to go with them. A lot is packed into this awesome piece!
Oh, hey there! Are you ready for Nationals, I mean, Internationals? I sure am, and I’m excited to share with you my thoughts on Standard. This tournament is looking like it’ll be the largest of all time, so every attendee needs to be at the top of his or her game. I’ve been testing decks like crazy, and today I’d like to go over each one for you. I’d like to call to mind every deck out there in contention to begin with, and then I’ll hone in on the cream of the crop; some of the decks I’m personally considering for the event in detail. This is the article for you if you’re looking for top quality decks lists, and breakdowns, for pretty much everything. Enjoy, y’all.
Table of contents
Decidueye-GX / Vileplume
- 1x Lugia EX
- 2x Shaymin EX
- 2x Oddish
- 2x Gloom
- 2x Vileplume
- 4x Rowlet
- 4x Dartrix
- 4x Decidueye GX
- 1x Tapu Lele GX
- 1x Field Blower
- 3x Level Ball
- 2x Revitalizer
- 3x Trainer's Mail
- 4x Ultra Ball
- 4x Forest of Giant Plants
- 3x Lysandre
- 4x N
- 4x Professor Sycamore
- 2x Float Stone
- 4x Double Colorless Energy
- 4x Grass Energy
This deck has been the most popular build all season long, and it shows no signs of slowing down. It’s made back to back top cuts at Regional Championships, and always seems to be doing well when it’s played. Simply get out as many Decidueye-GX as you can, and then lock your opponent’s Item cards with Vileplume. Most decks crumble from the combination of the Item lock and the offensive pressure that you apply with ‘eye’s Feather Arrow Ability.
- Garbodor decks can punish you for having to play so many Items to set up
- Struggles against Confusion from Espeon-GX, and Zorua and Drampa-GX’s Righteous Edge can run you out of Energy
- The deck tends to be on the more inconsistent side of things
- Vileplume isn’t as strong anymore with Tapu Lele-GX in the format, and most decks playing more Supporter cards in general
- Fantastic matchup against Vespiquen decks, which have grown in popularity tremendously
- Feather Arrow is, and always will be, one of the best Abilities to use in the game
- Field Blower in the deck prevents Garbodor with Garbotoxin from being as big a problem as it used to be
- It can still beat anything if it just sets up perfectly
The rest of the article is only available to 60cards.net PRO Members. Sign up for PRO Member today to view the rest of the article!
In order to maintain a high standard for our content, we have created a subscription service. To get you the best possible articles from the top players we pay more than $25 000 every year to our authors and editors. There are endless hours of playtesting and research behind each article. Our goal is to be able to publish an article every day and make even more competitions for everyone. Thank you for considering our subscription.
More information here.
60cards article competition is here! Join our competition to win cash prizes or playmats! Support your favorite author with your (+)vote.
Buy any cards you need on CCGCastle.com