User blog

user
Clayton Lahodny

A Closer Look at Bees!

Today we look at Vespiquen Flareon a bit more in depth.

02/18/2016 by Clayton Lahodny

Today, we are going to look at Vespiquen Flareon as a whole, individually, and in portions. We'll look at its pro's and con's, favorable and unfavorable matchups, and streangths and weaknesses.

 

Overview

Vespiquen and Plasma Flareon combine very well together, as their attacks: Bee Revenge and Vengeance do the exact same thing! Lets take a close look at Vespiquen, to start.

Vespiquen is a 90HP Grass Type Stage 1 Pokemon. It is weak to fire, which lets it get knocked out by a muscle-banded Flame Screen from Entei. Because of its low HP, it will get knocked out by Heat Tackle regardless of weakness. Vespiquen's first attack: Intelligence Gathering,  does 10 damage and lets you draw until you have 6 cards in hand. It's other attack, Bee Revenge, does 20 damage, plus 10 damage for each Pokemon in your discard pile. There are multiple ways to power this up, such as Battle Compressor, Ultra Ball, Acro Bike, Computer Search, and Professor Sycamore/Juniper, all cards to discard cards. If we use these cards, along with cards like Trainers' Mail, VS Seeker, and Double Colorless Energy, we can power up Vespiquen with 1 energy attachment AND have enough cards in the discard pile to use Bee Revenge. Now let's look at Plasma Flareon.

Plasma Flareon is a 100HP Fire Type Stage 1 Pokemon.  It has a weakness to water, so things like Seismitoad-EX's Quaking Punch attack will knock out Flareon with a Muscle Band. It's first attack, Vengeance, does 20 damage, plus 10 damage for each Pokemon in your discard pile. This attack is just like Vespiquen's Bee Revenge attack, which has the same effect. Using the cards mentioned in Vespiquen's overview, these cards make a serious combo that can be hard to deal with.

 

Matchups

Pro's

Good matchups for this deck include: Primal Groudon-EX, Primal Kyogre-EX, Wailord-EX, Seismitoad-EX/Garbodor.

Con's

Bad matchups for this deck include: Manectric-EX, Yveltal-EX, Giratina-EX, Landorus-EX/Crobat, Seismitoad/Crobat, Promo Jirachi.

Wrap-Up

This deck is very fast and powerful, all at once. If it sets up turn 2, then the game is pretty much over. A consistent decklist will win 90% of the time, as the other 10% is random tech against this deck, like Vileplume or Trevenant. Overall, this deck is probably the best deck around right now. Thanks for reading! Make sure to like, donate, and leave a review! It keeps me posting! This is Clayton, signing off!

If you like this article, please consider donating to support this author. Select your donation amount from the selection box below. Thank you! Find out more.

Choose donate amount

Donated

[+4] ok


 

Thank you for your time. Please leave us your feedback to help us to improve the articles for you! 

 

 
 

 

_________________________________________________________________

Make sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to see the latest stories. 

 

Pokémon and its trademarks are ©1995-2018 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. English card images appearing on this website are the property of The Pokémon Company International, Inc. 60cards is a fan site. Our goal is to promote the Pokemon TCG and help it grow. We are not official in any shape or form, nor affiliated, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, or TPCi.

 

 




user
Zach Lesage

Thoughts on the Season Cancelation

04/01/2020 by Zach Lesage // Zach goes over his thoughts on the cancelation of the 2019-2020 Pokémon season. (+32)

user
Zach Lesage

The Rebel Clash Metagame

03/19/2020 by Zach Lesage // Zach shares his thoughts on the 18 decks that exist in the Rebel Clash metagame so far. (+29)

user
Zach Lesage

My Top Plays for the Limitless Online Series

03/31/2020 by Zach Lesage // Zach goes over this top three plays for the upcoming PTCGO Limitless Series? (+28)

Welcome to our Pokemon Community Portal. Have a look around and enjoy your stay!

up